I almost never wear eyeliner anymore, due to laziness. But the one day that I do is like mega tearfest all the day long. For real.
The church is true, my friends.
Today I had a day full of overwhelming amount of emotion, and it kept kind of falling out of my eyes. I was feeling everything--others hardships, feeling my own, the reality of soon leaving my friends and family, having unrealistic fears of what could happen while I am gone, self doubt and fear, were all right on the surface today.
And as I prepare for bed and reflect on the day, I am listening to the primary song "A Child's Prayer" that I just sang with Brevitas a week ago. What a powerful song, and what reassurance it brings. Because for the last week I had been feeling "Heavenly Father, are You really there?" I didn't even realize I had been feeling that way until the song began.
Heavenly Father is there. He hears our prayers.
I believe in Him. I believe in His love for us. I believe.
And I should never wear eyeliner again. Pointless, really.
Dear Geneil,
ReplyDeleteI love your face. It's okay to cry. Sometimes you just need to. Heavenly Father loves you, I love you, and you are going to be such an amazing missionary!! The people of Barcelona are so lucky to have you as a missionary. You are so strong and beautiful! I just love you so much! We need to get together. like. super soon.